The miraDry procedure is a highly controlled delivery of energy designed to safely and effectively reduce sweating and hair in the underarm area. Typically, patients may see a reduction in underarm sweat in as little as one treatment.
In controlled clinical trials between 70% and 90% of subjects saw a significant reduction in their underarm sweat after an average of two treatments, and virtually all the subjects achieved some reduction. Patients continued to show a dramatic reduction of sweat when tracked 12 months after the procedure.
Like any other medical procedure, results can vary from patient-to-patient, so be advised that large reductions may not occur in every single case.
miraDry is the only non-invasive, FDA cleared aesthetic treatment that safely removes underarm sweat and odor glands. It’s a quick in-office procedure that provides a permanent solution for underarm sweat.
Click on the questions to expand
miraDry’s proprietary miraWave technology is the ideal wavelength for eliminating sweat and odor glands in the underarm. It non-invasively targets the area where the sweat glands reside and safely destroys them while simultaneously cooling your skin for added comfort.
Most patients describe the procedure as painless with little downtime. Local anesthesia is administered to the underarms prior to the treatment to assist in increasing comfort. Some patients describe the initial anesthetic injections as the most painful part of the procedure. There are no incisions or cuts. Treatment is customized to each underarm with multiple placements of the miraDry handpiece. An office visit appointment will generally last about one hour.
Not in your armpits! You are born with approximately 2 million sweat glands throughout your body. Your underarms only contain about 2% of those glands. With miraDry you will experience the many benefits of stopping sweat in the underarm area, but you will continue to sweat elsewhere.
You can expect immediate and lasting results – sweat glands don’t come back after treatment. The amount of sweat reduction you desire should be discussed with your miraDry physician. Recent clinical information confirm
You can see results in as little as one treatment. However, as with any aesthetic treatment, your physician will determine the best protocol for your expected results.
Since local anesthesia is administered to the underarm prior to treatment, most patients experience little to no pain. Patients rated treatment pain on an average score of 2 on a scale from 1 to 10 (1= no pain, 10= worst pain).
- Easily cleaned top with loose arm holes
- For women – eg, tank top, sports bra, camisole
- For men – eg, tank top or no shirt
Most patients experience minimal downtime and return to regular activity (like returning to work) immediately. Exercise is typically resumed within several days. You may experience swelling, numbness, bruising and sensitivity in the underarm area for several days post-treatment.
- Your procedure will last 60 – 75 minutes.
- You are welcome to bring a portable music player and earphones to listen to during the procedure.
- After the procedure, be advised that you will have swelling and redness in the treated area for a few days to a few weeks.
- Your doctor will likely recommend a mild pain medication and repeated icing for a few days to minimize the swelling and discomfort that some patients experience.
- You must keep the treated area clean (wash with water and gentle liquid soap) and wear loose fitting tops for the next few days. Avoid shaving or applying antiperspirant/deodorant for the next few days.Avoid any rigorous activity for several days post procedure. If you normally exercise heavily, wait a few days before resuming your exercise routine.
The miraDry treatment has a strong safety record. Some localized soreness or swelling will occur, and typically clears within a few weeks. Some patients have short-term altered sensation in the skin of their underarms or upper arms, which gradually disappears. Got to www.miraDry.com for more information about the treatment.
Pricing can vary depending on your specific treatment protocol and will be discussed during your consultation.