Chemical peeling is used to improve the skin’s appearance by applying a chemical solution to the skin, causing the top layers of skin to separate and peel off. The new skin is smoother, less wrinkled, and may be more even in color.
Chemical peels can be done on the face, neck, chest, back or hands. It can be used to:
- reduce fine lines, especially under the eyes and around the mouth
- improve the appearance of mild scars
- treat certain types of acne
- diminish skin discoloration, such as sun spots, age spots, freckles and dark pathches (melasma)
- treat wrinkles caused by sun damage and aging
- refresh skin texture and color